Friday 27 February 2015

Rafflesia Ornaldii

Rafflesia Ornaldii and Subarakshitha

It was a fantastic morning for me. My cute little friend Subarakshitha prepared breakfast for me. Ofcourse I helped her with cutting the vegetables to make tomato curry and poori. She came with her family to wish me for my birthday and decided to stay back in my house. We went to the beach in the evening. Both of us were playing in the sand for while. She was talking to me about her school, homework and how she dominates in her class as a group leader. I was just wondering and at the same time thanking God for giving those glorious
moments with such a lovely kid in my life. I am blessed. 

Little Suba in my kitchen
This little girl became my friend way back in 2012. A fully drunk millionaire drove a Merc over a pavement at Egmore in the middle of the night while my little Suba was sleeping there with her grandmother and her cousin. She woke up to witness the death of her cousin Muniraj and raised an alarm as the car had run over her right hand completely damaging her wrist. I wrote about the incident and visited her at her house.

She did not talk to me at the first sight. I made frequent visits and became her friend. It took some time for her to accept me as her friend. My news articles in Deccan Chronicle helped Suba for her treatment. I was glad that I was able to bring a smile on the face of the child. I had sent a Barbie doll for her once. Then we spoke to over the phone about her hospital treatment, rejoining for her studies, blah, blah... and the friendship blossomed similar to the world’s biggest flower –Rafflesia Ornaldii...


Her visit yesterday was a great gift to me. God’s gift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment